Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can whip this up in a hurry, using some of your drippings from a baked turkey. Easy and delicious!
- 15 ounces chicken broth (canned)
- 4 ounces heavy whipping cream (pre-warmed in microwave to about 100-degrees F.)
- 4 tablespoons turkey drippings
- 1 (1/2 ounce) packet chicken bouillon granule, herb-ox brand
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons Wondra Flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- In a large no-stick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and make a roux by adding the Wondra flour and whisking constantly.
- As soon as the roux begins to start turning color (about 1-2 minutes), whisk in the chicken broth and then all other ingredients. Bring to a boil until the gravy thickens (it should do this very quickly), then remove from the heat.
- If the gravy is too thin, sprinkle in a little more wondra flour and re-whisk over heat. If it comes out too thick, just add more chicken broth over heat and whisk until desired thickness is achieved.
- NOTE: It's okay to use whole milk or half-and-half if you have no heavy cream on hand -- it will come out just fine.