Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just in time for summer entertaining. I've had this Simple & Delicious recipe and decided I better get it on Zaar before I lost it. This is a great vegie pizza that can be served at outdoor gatherings, potlucks or just for the heck of it. Easy to make and everyone loves it. I serve as an appetizer during cocktail hour.
- 1 (11 ounce) package refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped, divided
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped peeled cucumber
- 1⁄3 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄3 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Unroll breadsticks. In the center of an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan, loosely wrap one breadstick around, forming a coil. Add another breadstick, pinching ends to seal and continuing to coil. Repeat with remaining breadsticks.
- Roll or pat dough to within 1/2 inches of the edge of the pan. Brush with oil. Gently press garlic onto dough. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and oregano. Stir in 1/4 cup artichokes and half of the feta cheese; spread over crust. Arrange remaining artichokes on top. Sprinkle with tomato, cucumber, olives, onion, pine nuts and remaining feta cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
I made this to take to work for a "pig out". It went well. Several people asked for the recipe. Easy to make and a nice change from the regular veggie pizza that's often made for an appetizer or snack. I liked the overall flavor it had. Will be making this again!