1/5 Photos of Pasteles De Guayaba (Guava and Cream Cheese Pastries)
This is a childhood favorite that conjures up memories of growing up as a gringa in South Florida and sitting in the open air Cuban Cafes and indulging on these sweet pastries! These pastries are wonderful with a café con leche!! They were a special treat that we were allowed to have on occasion for breakfast. It is actually one of the few things I actually miss about South Florida! The recipe is from Alex Garcia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend the cream cheese, butter and flour until well mixed; Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 3Roll out the dough into a 1/4-inch thick square; Cut the rolled dough into 16 to 20 squares.
- 4A little off center of each square, place 1 tablespoon guava paste.
- 5Fold the dough over the guava paste, forming a triangle; Press the edges shut.
- 6Place the pasteles onto a cookie sheet and sprinkle them with a thin layer of sugar.
- 7Bake until the pasteles are evenly browned, about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasteles De Guayaba (Guava and Cream Cheese Pastries)
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.8
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.2 mg
- Sodium 294.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: