1/5 Photos of Pasteles De Guayaba (Guava and Cream Cheese Pastries)
This is a childhood favorite that conjures up memories of growing up as a gringa in South Florida and sitting in the open air Cuban Cafes and indulging on these sweet pastries! These pastries are wonderful with a café con leche!! They were a special treat that we were allowed to have on occasion for breakfast. It is actually one of the few things I actually miss about South Florida! The recipe is from Alex Garcia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend the cream cheese, butter and flour until well mixed; Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 3Roll out the dough into a 1/4-inch thick square; Cut the rolled dough into 16 to 20 squares.
- 4A little off center of each square, place 1 tablespoon guava paste.
- 5Fold the dough over the guava paste, forming a triangle; Press the edges shut.
- 6Place the pasteles onto a cookie sheet and sprinkle them with a thin layer of sugar.
- 7Bake until the pasteles are evenly browned, about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasteles De Guayaba (Guava and Cream Cheese Pastries)
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.8
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.2 mg
- Sodium 294.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: