1/1 Photo of Pastel De Choclo - Corn Pudding
I got this recipe from a box of Bouillon cubes from Argentina. My daughter and I loved it. We ate it as a side dish for milanesas. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 56.69 g butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 473.18 ml milk
- 1 bouillon cube (chicken or veggie)
- 418.15 g can creamed corn (personal favorite, Green Giant)
- 4 eggs
- 44.37 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 29.58 ml breadcrumbs
- 1.23 ml pepper (or to taste)
- 1.23 ml nutmeg (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Saute onions in butter over low heat for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3Meanwhile warm up the milk and dissolve the bouillon cube in it.
- 4Add the flour to the onions and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- 5Pour milk over it and keep stirring until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- 6Remove pan from the heat and add creamed corn, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs. Mix well and let it cool for a few minutes.
- 7Add the eggs, one at the time, mixing well.
- 8Season with pepper and nutmeg and pour into a baking dish (9x9).
- 9Bake for 40 minutes or until firm.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pastel De Choclo - Corn Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.3
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 546.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 10.6 g