Recipe by gailanng
Adapted from California Walnuts. This speedy main meal or delicious side is ready in less than 30 minutes. Garnish with extra grated lemon peel and walnuts. Note: I've made this minus the mushrooms and still great.
Top Review by under12parsecs
Pretty sure THIS is the food of the gods... Lovely delicate lemon flavor in a velvety cream...Crunchy toasty walnuts. Oh my, this is good! I used ditalani pasta and omitted the mushrooms because sadly I had none to add, but it was still an exceptional dish without them! I will make this again and again!
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 lb pasta, uncooked (linguine or penne works well)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, stir together whipping cream and lemon peel; simmer until cream is reduced by one-third, about 15 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt butter; saute mushrooms. Drain pasta and combine with cream, mushrooms, walnuts and cheese; toss lightly. Add salt and pepper; sprinkle with parsley.