Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from California Walnuts. This speedy main meal or delicious side is ready in less than 30 minutes. Garnish with extra grated lemon peel and walnuts. Note: I've made this minus the mushrooms and still great.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 lb pasta, uncooked (linguine or penne works well)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In small saucepan, stir together whipping cream and lemon peel; simmer until cream is reduced by one-third, about 15 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt butter; saute mushrooms. Drain pasta and combine with cream, mushrooms, walnuts and cheese; toss lightly. Add salt and pepper; sprinkle with parsley.
Pretty sure THIS is the food of the gods... Lovely delicate lemon flavor in a velvety cream...Crunchy toasty walnuts. Oh my, this is good! I used ditalani pasta and omitted the mushrooms because sadly I had none to add, but it was still an exceptional dish without them! I will make this again and again!
Been on a quest to find a pasta recipe with lemon sauce after tasting it in Rome. This is pretty close-theirs didn't have walnuts nor mushrooms, but I made it with the walnuts and we both thought it improved the pasta. Will definitely include them the next time. This recipe is also very fast and easy. Like it MUCH better than alfredo sauce. Served ours with bread and salad. Lunch tomorrow will be great too. The only thing I would do differently is make half a pound of pasta instead of full pound. Thank you gailanng for posting.
Delicious. Next time I would add slightly more mushrooms though as they cook down to such a small quantity. The lemon infused cream was a taste treat. So enjoyable and quick and easy to prepare. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap 43, August 2010