Recipe by Young cook ellie
This is so quick and easy. Just add warm, crusty garlic bread and a salad for good, easy nosh!!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Simple and delicious, excellent mid-week meal. I really liked the creamy addition of mascarpone. This would be lovely with any pasta, I stuck to the traditional spaghetti. Oh,and I used canned tomatoes that already had basil and oregano added, so I didn't add extra dried herbs. Thanks for sharing a good recipe, ellie! Made for I Recommend tag game
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices rindless bacon, rashers finely chopped
- 75 g mascarpone cheese or 75 ml creme fraiche
- 375 g pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, mixed herds and sugar into a saucepan. Add a dash of salt and pepper and bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the bacon and simmer, uncovered, for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mascarpone cheese or creme fraiche, heat up, then taste and add more salt and pepper if it needs it.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Dollop the sauce over the pasta and enjoy with garlic bread and salad.