Recipe by Tryntje
A simple but tasty pasta dish. Use eirther chilli powder or paprika according to your taste buds. A great and simple meal to prepare in minutes when time is at a preminium
- 400 -500 g spaghetti, spirals or shells
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (400 g) cans tuna
Directions See How It's Made
- Parsley and peppers for garnish.
- Heat oil and saute onion and garlic till soft.
- Add tomatoes with their juice and all other ingredients except pasta.
- Simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- When sauce is nearly ready, cook pasta and drain.
- Place in serving bowl.
- Pour sauce over cooked pasta and toss lightly.
- Garnish with parsley and peppers.
- Accompany with parmesan cheese.