- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans clams, in juice
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet. When hot add the anchovy fillets and onion.
- Once the onions turn translucent, add the garlic, capers and clams along with the clam juice.
- Add the white wine, tomato sauce, and red pepper flakes. Allow to simmer until heated through. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the basil.
- Pour over cooked pasta and toss to coat the pasta well. Serve with hot with a sprinkling of romano cheese if desired.