Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy, great and hearty pasta dish. Portions can be easily increased even though this is for one.
- 1 olive oil
- 60 g onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 pepper, sliced
- 90 g lean ground beef
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch dried parsley
- 60 g pasta
- 30 g ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and cook the onion, garlic and pepper until slightly softened. Add the minced beef, turn up the heat and continue to cook until the beef is browned through.
- Add the chopped tomato, tomato puree and herbs, turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta following package instructions.
- Stir the ricotta cheese into the beef mix and serve this with the pasta, sprinkling with Parmesan cheese before serving.
This was very tasty. I used too much tomato puree (oops!), but it still worked really well. I got a "wow!" from DH :)