Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 14 mins
Make and share this Pasta With Portabella Mushrooms in Mustard Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups orecchiette or 2 1⁄2 cups gnocchi
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup mirin or 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Bring 2 ½ quarts lightly salted water to a boil in a wok over high heat; add in pasta and stir to prevent sticking.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, for 10-12 minutes; drain well and set aside; dry the wok.
- Set the wok over high heat, add in 1 ½ tablespoons oil.
- Add the mushrooms and 1 teaspoon salt; stir-fry until tender, for about 2 minutes; transfer to a mixing bowl; set aside.
- Return the wok to high heat, and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add the garlic and onion; stir-fry for 1 ½ minutes; add the remaining ½ teaspoon salt, rosemary, and crushed red pepper; stir-fry 1 ½ minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil; decrease heat to low and cook for 2 minutes, scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the wok.
- Add mixture to the bowl with the mushrooms.
- Return wok to high heat; add in mirin and mustard; stir with a wire whisk to blend; bring to a boil; add the reserved pasta and mushroom mixture; cook, stirring 2 minutes.
- Toss in the pine nuts; serve.
A very interesting combination of ingredients, yet they work very well together. This makes enough for two meals for my husband and me. I made it with baby shells and dry white wine and substituted chicken broth for the vegetable broth, since that is what I had on hand. We can't wait to taste the leftovers!