Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple and delicious. From Barilla Pasta.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons italian pancetta, minced (may substitute bacon)
- 2 tablespoons celery, minced
- 2 tablespoons carrots, minced
- 3 tablespoons white onions, minced
- 2 cups ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 16 ounces pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add pancetta, celery, carrots and onions to skillet; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Raise heat to high and add pork. Cook until it turns brown, scraping the drippings from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add wine and continue cooking until wine evaporates. Add tomato paste, salt, pepper and cover with water. Simmer an additional 20 minutes.
- Add peas and more water to cover, simmer 20 additional minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with the sauce.
- Transfer to serving platter or bowl.