Recipe by lady_heather
I havent made this as my DH wont eat chopped tomatoes, but i think it would be really tasty, and simple to make too.
Top Review by Garlic Chick
Excellent! I made a double recipe of this yesterday for a pasta party I was attending today. I made as stated except I used homemade oven dried tomatoes and a lot more of them. I cooked the mixture for several hours and when serving the sauce today I added the creme fraiche at the last minute along with a bit of cream cheese. Delicious and a huge hit. Thanks for posting, lady_heather, I love this great vegetarian recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 7 ounces pasta
- 13 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- 5 pieces sun-dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 13 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 150 ml vegetable stock, made with 1 bouillon cube
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan, add the onion and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until pale golden.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add the peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic to onion. Fry for 2 more minutes, then add canned tomatoes, stock, sugar, and salt and pepper. Cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Drain the pasta, then stir in the tomato sauce and creme fraiche. Toss together, and top with parmesan cheese to serve.