Recipe by Geema
This creamy, spicy sauce is a nice change from the traditional, tomato based pasta sauces. Just add a nice salad, some bread, and you've got a great meal that's good enough for company and can be on the table in almost the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta.
Top Review by SReiff
I made this dish (served it over fettuccine) one evening when I had invited guests for dinner. I used the pepper jack cheese and the recipe was perfect without any changes. Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. It was so tasty and easy to make that I made it again just two days later! Thank you for a "keeper" recipe! Addendum: It is now 4 years later and this is a recipe I make at least every other month! We continue to LOVE this dish and thank you again for sharing!
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, if you want the dish hotter
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- cooked pasta, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat saute the chicken breasts in the oil until all the pink is gone.
- Remove the meat from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, add onion, red and jalapeno pepper and garlic.
- Cook until just tender.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, milk and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in cheese and sour cream; then add the chicken to the sauce.
- Reheat-- BUT DO NOT LET BOIL.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti.