Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This creamy, spicy sauce is a nice change from the traditional, tomato based pasta sauces. Just add a nice salad, some bread, and you've got a great meal that's good enough for company and can be on the table in almost the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, if you want the dish hotter
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- cooked pasta, of your choice
- Over medium heat saute the chicken breasts in the oil until all the pink is gone.
- Remove the meat from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, add onion, red and jalapeno pepper and garlic.
- Cook until just tender.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, milk and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in cheese and sour cream; then add the chicken to the sauce.
- Reheat-- BUT DO NOT LET BOIL.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti.
I made this dish (served it over fettuccine) one evening when I had invited guests for dinner. I used the pepper jack cheese and the recipe was perfect without any changes. Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. It was so tasty and easy to make that I made it again just two days later! Thank you for a "keeper" recipe! Addendum: It is now 4 years later and this is a recipe I make at least every other month! We continue to LOVE this dish and thank you again for sharing!
This was so delicious and smelt great cooking. It is quick and defintely hits the spot. I am definately going to cook this often!
Very tasty and very easy to make! We served ours over vermecelli. I added a little salt at the end of the cooking time, but we love our salt. Topped with Parmesan cheese and a few sliced green onions. Very pretty! I'm not a huge fan of peppers (I like the taste from cooking with them, but ususally pick out the actual pepper) but these were very tender and tasty.