This creamy, spicy sauce is a nice change from the traditional, tomato based pasta sauces. Just add a nice salad, some bread, and you've got a great meal that's good enough for company and can be on the table in almost the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, if you want the dish hotter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- cooked pasta, of your choice
- 1Over medium heat saute the chicken breasts in the oil until all the pink is gone.
- 2Remove the meat from the skillet.
- 3In the same skillet, add onion, red and jalapeno pepper and garlic.
- 4Cook until just tender.
- 5Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Add broth, milk and Worcestershire sauce.
- 7Cook and stir until bubbly.
- 8Stir in cheese and sour cream; then add the chicken to the sauce.
- 9Reheat-- BUT DO NOT LET BOIL.
- 10Serve over cooked spaghetti.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta with Chicken and Pepper Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.5
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.6 mg
- Sodium 282.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 27.1 g