Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This creamy, spicy sauce is a nice change from the traditional, tomato based pasta sauces. Just add a nice salad, some bread, and you've got a great meal that's good enough for company and can be on the table in almost the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, if you want the dish hotter
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- cooked pasta, of your choice
- Over medium heat saute the chicken breasts in the oil until all the pink is gone.
- Remove the meat from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, add onion, red and jalapeno pepper and garlic.
- Cook until just tender.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, milk and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in cheese and sour cream; then add the chicken to the sauce.
- Reheat-- BUT DO NOT LET BOIL.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti.