This is from All You Magazine. The combination of Fresh basil, artichoke hearts and olives really make this a flavorful dish! The original recipe called for up to a lb. of pasta. I reduced it to 12 oz. I also use whole wheat penne for more fiber and nutrients.
- 12 ounces penne or 12 ounces ziti pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped (about 8)
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olives or 1⁄4 cup other black olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook until tender.
- While pasta is cooking, warm oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring, about 30 seconds. Stir in artichokes, olives, chicken broth, shredded chicken and 1/2 teaspoons salt and heat through.
- Drain pasta in a colander. Return to pot and stir in chicken mixture and basil. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.