1/1 Photo of Pasta With Chicken and Artichokes
This is from All You Magazine. The combination of Fresh basil, artichoke hearts and olives really make this a flavorful dish! The original recipe called for up to a lb. of pasta. I reduced it to 12 oz. I also use whole wheat penne for more fiber and nutrients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces penne or 12 ounces ziti pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped (about 8)
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives or 1/4 cup other black olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook until tender.
- 2While pasta is cooking, warm oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring, about 30 seconds. Stir in artichokes, olives, chicken broth, shredded chicken and 1/2 teaspoons salt and heat through.
- 3Drain pasta in a colander. Return to pot and stir in chicken mixture and basil. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Chicken and Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.3
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 438.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 21.9 g