Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple, clean flavors. Add some cooked chicken for a one dish meal.
- 1 lb shell pasta
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- lemon wedge
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 7-8 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet and add flour. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add chicken stock and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cream, lemon rind and juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and broccoli and transfer to serving dish.
- Pour sauce over pasta, sprinkle with almonds and garnish with lemon wedges.
Wonderful recipe and exactly what I had been craving! I used only 2 T. of flour because I like a thinner sauce. Used fresh broccoli and omitted the almonds because I didn't have any. Thanks a lot for a great lunch recipe!
The Longmeadow Farm loved, loved this dish. We had frozen broccoli left over from the summer months, and I used this along with some chicken breasts and was loved by all who devoured their lunch around the table. I followed this exactly, (except the addition of the chicken) and this made such a beautiful presentation as well as a filling delightful meal. I made the pasta just as suggested and had baked some chicken breasts at the same time. I put the pasta a broccoli on the plate, added the chicken (sliced in slices) and poured the sauce over top with the addition of almonds and some pretty fresh chopped chives. Oh yum little_wing terrific! :D Will use often!