Green Beans With Lemon and Almonds
photo by ncmysteryshopper
- Ready In:
- Cook the green beans in a pot with salted water until JUST tender (about 5 minutes, you can steam the also) drain and transfer to a large bowl of ice water to cool; drain and pat dry with a paper towel (this can be done a day ahead).
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in chopped almonds, and toss with butter; saute the nuts until they are lightly browned and crisp (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add in beans, and toss to combine with the nuts until heated through (about 3-4 minutes).
- Mix in the lemon peel; cook 1 minute.
- Mix in the chopped parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper, and transfer to a bowl.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very nice. Simple (I took Kittencal's suggestion and blanched the beans the day before and refrigerated them so preparation on the holiday was fast and easy). I used 4 Tbsp. butter and about 1/2 cup almonds and it seemed perfect. Everyone really enjoyed them. I didn't realize until now that I forgot to add the parsley (ugh!) but I'll be sure to do it next time...because there will be a next time! Yumm!