Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Light, healthy, flavorful, and vegetarian!
Make and share this Pasta With Artichokes, Tomatoes, and Feta recipe from Food.com.
- coarse salt and pepper
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced lengthwise
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and quartered lengthwise
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta, plus more for serving or 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, julienned
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive (optional)
- Slice onion, mince garlic, halve tomatoes, slice basil leaves, crumble feta or grate parmesan, drain/rinse/quarter artichoke hearts.
- In a large pot of boiling water (generously salted), cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper, cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine and cook until evaporated.
- Stir in artichokes and cook until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add olives (optional - original recipe did not specify how many olives, I didn't use any) and half of the tomatoes; cook until tomatoes start to break down, 1 to 2 minutes. Add pasta to skillet. Stir in remaining tomatoes and 1 tablespoon oil. Thin with reserved pasta water if necessary to coat the spaghetti. Transfer to plates and garnish generously with cheese and basil.