Recipe by Messy Kitchen Maid
Try this when you are looking for something quick and different after a long day.I grow my own herbs and jalapenos so I recommend using fresh herbs but dried is fine too.This works well with linguine or angel hair pasta.
Top Review by bmnchef
Delicious dinner-on-a-budget! I also halved the recipe and cooked half a pound of linguine for it. I threw in half a green pepper with the onion, and stirred in a little more wine because I think I cooked it too high. Very easy to make!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (optional)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop Jalapeno,onion,garlic.
- saute above with olive oil until soft,translucent.
- Add can tomatoes,wine and sugar.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Add oregano and Basil simmer another 5 minute.
- Toss sauce over cooked pasta
- garnish with Parsley and cheese.
- Serve with good italian bread-.