Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try this when you are looking for something quick and different after a long day.I grow my own herbs and jalapenos so I recommend using fresh herbs but dried is fine too.This works well with linguine or angel hair pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (optional)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- parmesan cheese
- Finely chop Jalapeno,onion,garlic.
- saute above with olive oil until soft,translucent.
- Add can tomatoes,wine and sugar.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Add oregano and Basil simmer another 5 minute.
- Toss sauce over cooked pasta
- garnish with Parsley and cheese.
- Serve with good italian bread-.
Delicious dinner-on-a-budget! I also halved the recipe and cooked half a pound of linguine for it. I threw in half a green pepper with the onion, and stirred in a little more wine because I think I cooked it too high. Very easy to make!
Very good. I used pickled jalepeno's as it was all I had and it came out fine. I like spicy food and this was spicy but not too hot to taste. I also used fresh herbs. The only question I had was that the recipe didn't specify how much sauce this made and/or how much pasta to use. I assumed it was for a pound of pasta and I cut it in half and use 1/2 pound of linguine and it was enough.
Made for Spring PAC 2014 and like the other recipes of yours that I have made this was a wonderful dish. Simple and like Debbwl said "you have the items (or most of them) in your pantry". Made as written only cutting in half. Thank you for posting.