Chicken Piccata Pasta Toss
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄3 lbs chicken breast tenders, cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lb penne rigate, cooked to al dente
- chopped or snipped chives, to garnish
- Heat a deep nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and the chicken to the pan.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken until lightly golden all over, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and return the skillet to the heat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add another tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter, the garlic and shallots to the skillet.
- Saute garlic and shallots 3 minutes.
- Add flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Whisk in wine and reduce liquid 1 minute.
- Whisk lemon juice and broth into sauce.
- Stir in capers and parsley.
- When the liquid comes to a bubble, add remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter to the sauce to give it a little shine.
- Add chicken back to the pan and heat through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Toss hot pasta with chicken and sauce and serve.
- Adjust salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Top with fresh snipped chives.
Join The Conversation
This was totally delicious! I replaced white whine with apple cider vinegar and it stillturned out fine. Actually I left out the lemon, it was strong from the cider already, and after letting it simmer for a couple minutes the intensity of the cider was suffeciently reduced. The whole family loved, thanks for sharing!
This was delicious! Well...I did make some changes to suit what I had on hand. I used an onion instead of the shallots and more chicken broth instead of the white wine. I also left out the capers, since I don't care for them, But still it was delicious! I can't wait to try it with the wine and shallots...yummy!