Recipe by MA in Florida
A versatile and quick gourmet dish - tastes equally good with chicken or scallops. I got this from the Land O' Lakes web site. (It always reminds me of eating out in Boston's North End.)
Top Review by Deb G
Delicious and easy. DH loves pasta and loves shrimp, so definitely loved this (so did I). Only change I made was to sub canned diced tomatoes for the romas. Expect to serve often. Glad you posted this.
- 8 ounces linguine or 8 ounces spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onions or 1⁄2 cup shallot
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (raw)
- 1 cup green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, coarsely ground
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups roma tomatoes, cut in 1/2-inch cubes (5-6)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguini or spaghetti according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, Melt butter in 10" skillet until sizzling.
- Add onion, shrimp, bell pepper,garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink (6 to 7 min.).
- Stir cream and flour together in small bowl until smooth.
- Stir into shrimp mixture.
- Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil (about 1 minute).
- Stir in tomatoes and basil.
- Place hot cooked pasta in large pasta bowl or onto serving platter and top with shrimp mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.