Recipe by Acerast
Here's a recipe that DH and I love. It makes a delicious, work-night meal and is great with a green salad dressed in a simple vinaigrette, or as a side dish with a grilled steak. The original recipe calls for salt but with the cheeses you probably won't need it - taste first, then add it if you like.
Top Review by Janni402
Made this tonite for a meatless meal & it was delicious. I used campanelle macaroni & added some broccoli florets. Made exactly as directed except I added a little extra cream to cut the sharpness of the gorgonzola & a couple of grinds of pepper. I, too, omitted the salt. Will assuredly make again.
- 10 ounces pasta shells
- 6 ounces gorgonzola
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- salt, to taste (you probably won't need it)
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta for 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, gently heat the Gorgonzola, milk and butter.
- Stir with a wooden spoon to make a smooth sauce; stir in the cream and add salt if necessary.
- Drain the pasta, shaking to remove excess water.
- Combine the hot pasta and hot sauce in a large serving bowl, tossing until the pasta is well coated.
- Serve immediately with grated Parmesan.