Recipe by Barb in WNY
Use up leftover roast chicken or turkey in this recipe.
Top Review by tracytrebilcox
Rather bland, but delicious. It was perfect for me since I just had abdominal surgery a month ago, and needed to have food that was easy on my system. My family just doctored their portions up with more seasonings or hot sauce.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, cut in julienne strips
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey, cut-up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups pasta shells, cooked and kept warm
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Cook broccoli, onion, garlic and carrot in oil about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is crisp- tender.
- Stir in chicken, salt, and tomatoes.
- Cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, just until chicken is hot.
- Toss with pasta.
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.