Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
JIMMY'S PASTA SAUCE
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 -12 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 12 mushrooms, chopped
- 2 quarts tomatoes
- 2 cans small tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can white clam sauce or 1 (15 ounce) can red clam sauce
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 can mussels
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces white wine or 4 ounces red wine
- 1 lb hamburger, browned (optional)
- Take bacon, olive oil, garlic, green pepper, onion, parsley basil and mushrooms and Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes over low heat. Add tomatoes, tomato paste can white or red clam sauce, Old Bay seasoning, mussels, sugar, wine and.
- browned hamburger meat, if desired Simmer for 4 to 5 hours.
- Cook pasta as directed.
- Strain and add pasta to sauce. Serve with garlic bread and white wine.