Recipe by Margo59
Wonderful summer pasta salad recipe. This recipe came from a close friend who brought it to my daughter's bridal shower. It was a huge hit.
Top Review by Michelle S.
This is delicious!!! I made only half a recipe and subbed a red pepper for the green. I also do not like cheese in my salads as I think it gets too slimey, so I subbed some cooked shrimp instead. SOOOOOOO GOOD!!! I caould literally eat it until I pop! I think some sliced green olives would be a goosd addition to this and may try that next time. The dressing is killer....sweet and sour all at the same time, a very nice balance. I did not use all the oil as I could see adding all that fat on top of the mayo's fat, so I added a little milk to thin it down after the dressing was all mixed. It worked like a charm!!
- 1 (16 ounce) box rotini pasta
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄3 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rotini per package directions to al dente.
- Rinse rotini with cold water and drain well.
- While pasta is cooking, chop green pepper, celery and onion.
- Mix dressing ingredients; set aside.
- Add chopped veggies to cooked and well-drained rotini, mix well.
- Add dressing and stir to mix.
- Add shredded cheese, stir and chill until serving time.