Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wonderful summer pasta salad recipe. This recipe came from a close friend who brought it to my daughter's bridal shower. It was a huge hit.
- 1 (16 ounce) box rotini pasta
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄3 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Cook rotini per package directions to al dente.
- Rinse rotini with cold water and drain well.
- While pasta is cooking, chop green pepper, celery and onion.
- Mix dressing ingredients; set aside.
- Add chopped veggies to cooked and well-drained rotini, mix well.
- Add dressing and stir to mix.
- Add shredded cheese, stir and chill until serving time.
This is delicious!!! I made only half a recipe and subbed a red pepper for the green. I also do not like cheese in my salads as I think it gets too slimey, so I subbed some cooked shrimp instead. SOOOOOOO GOOD!!! I caould literally eat it until I pop! I think some sliced green olives would be a goosd addition to this and may try that next time. The dressing is killer....sweet and sour all at the same time, a very nice balance. I did not use all the oil as I could see adding all that fat on top of the mayo's fat, so I added a little milk to thin it down after the dressing was all mixed. It worked like a charm!!
I made this pasta salad tonight and it was a huge hit! I have tried other pasta salads and it is hard to find the perfect one (not too mild and not too strong). My husband is hard to please sometimes, and he loves this one. I didn't change a thing. I have a family reunion coming up in a couple of weeks and I intend to bring this one Thank you for this recipe, Margo 59!