Cucumber Pasta Salad with Dill
- Ready In:
- 2 cups bow tie pasta or 2 cups small shell pasta
- 8 ounces low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups peeled and chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- Follow package directions and boil the pasta until al dente.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a small bowl wh isk together the sour cream and milk until smooth.
- Add the dill, vinegar, salt and pepper, whisking to smooth.
- Set aside.
- Mix the cukes and tomatoes with the cooled pasta.
- Pour dressing over top and toss well.
- Cover and chill 1 hour, up to 24 hours.
- Toss again and serve.
Join The Conversation
This is a very good, but simple salad. I used campanelle pasta and English cucumbers which I didn't peel, but sliced very thinly. I had grape tomatoes on hand which I quartered. I also added some finely diced onion to the mix for more flavor. The salad did need more salt and pepper to bring out the flavor of the dressing, though. I provided this as part of a salad bar at the area community center. It was the first empty bowl. That makes it a winner here.