Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very tasty Italian pasta salad. Great for large groups.***ADOPTED***
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic (pressed thru a press)
- black pepper (lots)
- 1⁄3 lb fresh egg rotini pasta
- 1⁄3 lb fresh spinach rotini pasta
- 1⁄3 lb fresh red pepper rotini pasta or 1⁄3 lb dried tri-colored pasta
- 1⁄3 lb salami, sliced 1/4 inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips no longer than 2 inches long
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips no longer than 2 inches long
- 2 cups pitted black olives, quartered
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Cook pasta.
- Meanwhile, whisk together oils, vinegar, garlic and pepper.
- Drain pasta and immediately toss with dressing.
- When cool, add salami, peppers, olives, onion, cheeses and parsley.
- Toss until all ingredients are coated well.
- Serve at room temperature.
Very tasty, the dressing is great! Plenty oil, though, and I left the canola oil out alltogether, and never missed it with all that lovely olive oil still in there. Also, we thought the olives where bit overpowering, and I will reduce them to 1-11/2 cup next time.
As usual when making a salad with a dressing I only add "some" of the dressing and stir, I then add "some" more dressing until I get just the amount I desire. Have never had to much dressing on a salad when made in this manner. This salad gave my hubby a very happy mouth. He did request sliced pepperoni in addition to the salami. I was happy to oblige as it only made the salad better.
I adapted this recipe to suit ingredients that I had on hand. I used plain dry rotini pasta, omitted the red pepper, added extra garlic, red onion, grape tomatoes, and broccoli, and subbed pepperoni for the salami. It was a beautiful and flavorful pasta salad. I am sure that everyone will love it. Thanks for posting.