Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Roughly translated this is pasta with harlot's sauce! Let your imagination work out why.
- diced tomato
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, diced finely
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 4 tablespoons sliced strongly flavored black olives, such as kalamata olives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 lb spaghetti
- Gently sautee garlic in oil over medium-low heat until garlic softens, but does not brown. About 3 minutes.
- Add parsley and marjoram and sautee about 45 seconds.
- Mash the anchovy in a mortar then add it to the skillet and cook about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes with their juice, the olives, pepper flakes and capers.
- Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. About 20 minutes.
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- When sauce is slightly thickened and ready, toss with pasta and serve with your favorite wine.