Recipe by Gina's Cucina
This is a recipe that I grew up on. My Mother made it often and I loved it and still do.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or 2 slices of cut up bacon)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, choped
- 1 (15 ounce) canof young peas or 1 (15 ounce) can peas (the young/small peas taste best but any size will do)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 lb pasta (Smaller pasta works best Shells, Ditalli)
Directions See How It's Made
- On medium heat, heat oil or bacon in a medium size pot.
- Add Garlic to oil and brown garlic (don't burn the garlic) Add Onion.
- cook till slightly clear (About 3-4 Mins stir after 2 mins).
- Drain peas.
- Mix in peas cook about 3 Mins.
- Add Tomato Sauce and mix in herbs.
- Cook sause for about 25 minutes.
- Cook your pasta while the sause in cooking.
- When the pasta is done to your liking.
- Drain pasta and add sause to your pasta.
- Sprinkle with graded cheese.