Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a neat little gift to give with jams and jellies.
- 1⁄2 cup dried great northern beans
- 1⁄2 cup dried pinto bean
- 1⁄2 cup dried red beans
- 1⁄4 cup dehydrated onion
- 1⁄2 cup dehydrated mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder or 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄2 cups fusilli or 1 1⁄2 cups bow tie pasta or 1 1⁄2 cups penne pasta, tied up in a little mesh bag
- Pick through beans.
- Combine with all the ingredients except pasta, which you want to tie in a little mesh or plastic bag.
- Place in a decorative jar, tie with a ribbon and give with 1 28 oz can of stewed tomatoes and: In a large stockpot, combine bean mixture and 12 cups water.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours, or until beans are tender.
- Add tomatoes and pasta, simmering for 10 minutes more.
I made this as gifts to give to my friends. What a wonderful idea. I put the bean mixture in a jar and then the pasta in a separate jar. I wrapped them up in gift baskets with the instructions on how to make the soup. Looked beautiful and were very well received by my girlfriends. Thanks Diana
Let alone does this taste wonderful it was indeed a good suggestion for a gift. Thanks Di!
I made up several jars to give as gifts - plus I served this when company came over. We all loved the soup. Then I had to send my last jar home with them so they could make it again. Mary