- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 lb low-sodium bacon
- 2 (15 ounce) cans small white beans
- 1⁄2 lb ditalini (pasta)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans water (Fill bean cans when emptied)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (quality)
- 1 (15 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon then drain on towels and set aside.
- In large sauce pot add olive oil and onions diced and saute onions.
- Add whit wine and burn off alcohol.
- Add tomatoes and mash to break down consistency.
- Stir in chicken broth.
- Mix in beans and add water by filling cans to extract flavor.
- Finally add bouillon cubes and bacon cut to small pieces.
- cook on low flame for about 90 mins stirring often.