Recipe by Bec
Fresh basil and thyme are really important in this soup, so be sure to use only fresh herbs.
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml margarine or 14.79 ml butter
- 2 (822.13 g) can vegetable broth or 2 (822.13 g) can chicken broth or 2 (822.13 g) can beef broth
- 118.29 ml small shell pasta
- 453.59 g can tomatoes, cut up
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 59.14 ml snipped fresh basil
- 14.79 ml snipped fresh thyme
- fresh basil sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven cook the mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot margarine or butter till tender but not brown.
- Add vegetable, chicken, or beef broth- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the pasta- Return to a boil.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or till pasta is al dente (tender but still firm).
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and garbanzo beans- Heat through.
- Just before serving, stir in fresh basil and thyme.
- To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls and, if desired, garnish with fresh basil.