Recipe by dojemi
These were the most amazing cookies I have every tasted. They are "very" crispy. I will make this year-round, not just for Passover.
Top Review by PamC
These were amazingly un-matzoh flavored after baking. I added some coconut to the mixture just because I had some on hand, and otherwise followed the directions. I mixed the dough by hand and I think that helped it hold together when scooping. Also, I didn't use boxed matzoh farfel but instead used three matzohs and crushed them by hand. This way I can make the pieces a bit smaller than the boxed farfel, which I think makes them blend in better. THE YIELD INFO IS WAY OFF! I made large cookies (I baked for 17-18 minutes) and easily got 4 dozen from the recipe. A very good recipe that is not disappointing as some Passover desserts are. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups matzo meal
- 1 1⁄2 cups matzo farfel
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the first 7 ingredients.
- Add the eggs and oil and mix together well.
- The dough will seem dry and crumbly, but it will hold together when cooked.
- Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet. Press lightly to hold together, if necessary.
- Bake @ 350° for 15 minutes.