Recipe by justcallmetoni
Need a chocolate fix during the holidays? Though I'm not Jewish, this recipe looked intriguing to me so I'm saving it as a gift the next time I'm invited to a Seder. (Yes, in my kitchen it would not be Kosher, but my friends are not that religious.) The combination of fruits --raisins, bananas and applesauce -- should give these a very moist brownie like texture.
Top Review by twilitezones
I wouldn't rate this one star - it was terrible. Used recipe omitting raisins, baked for 30 minutes. Edges were dried out and rest was mush. Tasted terrible. Don't waste your time or money!
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup matzo cake meal (If you don't have matzo cake meal, put some matzo meal in a blender to make it a bit more fine than)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (make sure they are plump, not dry) or 1⁄4 cup currants (make sure they are plump, not dry)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8" x 8" glass pan.
- Mix together in mixing bowl the potato starch and water. Add in the sugar, cocoa and a dash of salt. Once blended, add in the mashed banana, applesauce, matzo meal and raisins.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes. Cut when cool.