Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
It can be used as a side dish or a dessert.
- 3⁄4 cup matzo cake meal
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 large apples, pared and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 eggs, room temperature, separated
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- Toss apples gently with the 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Combine cake meal. sugar and salt. Set aside.
- Separate eggs. Mix yolks, water and oil until frothy.
- Add the combined dry ingredients and sliced apples.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into apple mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.