Recipe by Teresa Fadley
These are easy and delicious. The perfect finger food for showers, birthday parties or small impromtu gatherings.
Top Review by yooper
I've been making these for years, but instead of the hot sauce I use Worsteshire sauce and the Mexican Blend Velveeta (hot or mild). I freeze them on cooking sheets and then place in freezer bags. Bake frozen for 10 to 15 minutes. Great appetizer!
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 -2 drop Tabasco sauce (more if you prefer)
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 package miniature party rye rounds
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage and ground beef.
- Chop in skillet till in fine pieces.
- Add tabasco and Velveeta cheese and mix until melted.
- Spread on the small party rye bread.
- Bake at 300 degrees until hot, usually 10-15 minutes.
- These are easy to prepare in advance.
- freeze then, when needed pop them into the oven for impromptu parties.