Recipe by cheryl
Vaguely remembered from a package of Braunschweiger, this is the way I make it now. Liver lovers will devour it; others hate it... I even like it for a sandwich. (With more onion, tomato, etc, lol...)
- 1 lb braunschweiger sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- fresh chives, chopped (optional)
- crackers or breadstick
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring Braunschweiger and cream cheese to room temperature and mix well with the chopped onion.
- Stir in a splash or two of Tabasco if desired.
- Spoon into serving dish, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with chives if desired and serve with crackers, etc.
- (Or use a food processor to mix the dip.).