Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A wonderful combination of sweet parsnips enhanced by the piquant taste of Gorgonzola cheese. Great as an appetizer, lunch or dinner with some crusty bread and a green salad dressed with a tart vinaigrette. I served it as a side dish with a roast of pork.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook parsnips whole in salted water until tender.
- This will take about 20 minutes.
- Drain, halve lengthwise.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; cook parsnips until lightly browned on both sides, about 5 - 8 minutes.
- In a lightly greased baking dish fit parnips snugly, arrange parsnips cut sides up.
- Sprinkle onions over top.
- Break cheese into pieces and distribute over the parsnips; grind pepper over all.
- Bake 500F degrees until cheese is very lightly browned, 10 - 12 minutes.
- Serves 4 as a main course; 6 appetizers.
I love both parsnips and gorgonzola so no surprise that I am delighted with this recipe. I would not have thought to pair the two. It was easy and very yummy. Served it as a siide dish to roast pork and I'm very much looking forward to the leftovers for lunch. Thanks for posting it Elly!
I made this last night to serve with roast chicken breasts - VERY YUMMY!!! Easy to follow instructions. I will make this again, it's a great dish - Thank you Elly for posting.
I love parsnips and this was a wonderful way of showcasing their delicate sweetness. The flavours all went very well together. I had been a bit afraid that the gorgonzola would dominate, but all my fears were for naught. All it did was enhance. Wonderful dish. I highly recommend!