Potato Gnocchi With Gorgonzola
Delicious, Creamy and cheesy Italian dish that your whole family will love. We like it with Gorgonzola Cheese, but you may use a substitute. Hope you enjoy! From Italian Cooking and Living.
- Ready In:
For the gnocchi
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
For the sauce
- 2⁄3 lb gorgonzola, dolce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Make the gnocchi:
- Peel potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes in salted water until tender.
- Pass potatoes through the fine disk of a potato ricer, and cool.
- Pour the potato onto the counter, and begin to mix in the flour.
- Add a pinch of salt and gather into a dough.
- Cut the dough into 4 pieces, and roll into finger-thick logs.
- Cut each log into 1" pieces, and press each over the reversed tines of a fork (the resulting ridges allow the gnocchi to grab onto the sauce later).
- Now dust a tray with flour and line the gnocchi in a single layer on top of it.
- Set aside, and bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Once boiling, drop in the gnocchi, and remove them with a slotted spoon when they rise to the surface (this means they are ready).
- Meanwhile, crumble the Gorgonzola into chunks, and melt in a pan over medium-low heat with the butter and cream.
- When ready, combine the gnocchi and the sauce, sprinkle with the Parmigiano, and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have always wanted to make gnocchi and now I can say that I did and I'm good at it! This was so easy to make and the little dumplings were light and fluffy. We aren't real blue cheese people so I mixed it with parmesan, cheddar and mozzarella. There was a ton of cheese, but everyone really liked it! We enjoyed this very much with Recipe #316270. Made for ZWT7 for our tour guide. Thanks Leslie! :)Reply
see 18 more