Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Black olives, anchovies, chilli and capers create an intensely-flavoured herb salad from Galton Blackiston.
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, stalks removed
- 1⁄4 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup very small caper, well rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 20 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling (optional)
- Blend the parsley leaves as finely as possible in a food processor, then transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add the black olives, red onion, capers and garlic and mix thoroughly.
- Add the anchovies, lemon zest and juice, chilli and olive oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Just before serving, peel and finely dice the avocado.
- Mix it well with the other ingredients and top with freshly grated parmesan and aged balsamic vinegar.