Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
Sunset on a snowy white beach overlooking virgin snowfields and the Northern Lights. from the book Alaskan Cooking (Cookbook Swap fall 2008). ALSKANN sent me sunsets. Do not let long directions deter, just clarified for self that way. Prep time includes getting water to boil.
Top Review by mums the word
The family loved this! Two of our favourites, pasta and seafood wrapped up in one dish...gotta love that! I followed all of the ingredients but switched up the method a bit because my husband is a commuter and rarely gets home on time. I made the sauce first but didn't add the seafood or the veggies until the end. Cooked the pasta last so it wouldn't get over done. The sauce is incredibly rich but so delicious. The next time I make it, I am going to add some garlic to the sauce as I just can't resist garlic. Thanks so much Connie!
- 2 cups carrots, sliced diagonally
- 10 -12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2⁄3 cup margarine or 2⁄3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour (heaping tablespoons)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs steamed large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil 8 c water in 3 qt saucepan.
- Add carrots and fettuccine.
- Cook over med heat for 6 minute add broccoli and continue to cook 4-5 minute or until broccoli is tender crisp.
- Drain in colander. rinse with hot water and set aside.
- In large pan or dutch oven melt margarine/butter. Stir in flour and salt. Heat to bubbling.
- Add milk and cook over med heat stirring occasionally to a full boil.
- Boil 1 min and turn heat to low and add shrimp and lemon juice, then fettuccine mixture.
- Continue cooking on low until all ingredients are heated through (about 3-4 min).
- Stir 1/2 Parmesan cheese into dish and other 1/2 sprinkle over top.
- Serve immediately with a robust glass of wine.