1/2 Photos of Parmesan Shrimp and Vegetables With Fettuccine
Sunset on a snowy white beach overlooking virgin snowfields and the Northern Lights. from the book Alaskan Cooking (Cookbook Swap fall 2008). ALSKANN sent me sunsets. Do not let long directions deter, just clarified for self that way. Prep time includes getting water to boil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups carrots, sliced diagonally
- 10 -12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2/3 cup margarine or 2/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour (heaping tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs steamed large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1Boil 8 c water in 3 qt saucepan.
- 2Add carrots and fettuccine.
- 3Cook over med heat for 6 minute add broccoli and continue to cook 4-5 minute or until broccoli is tender crisp.
- 4Drain in colander. rinse with hot water and set aside.
- 5In large pan or dutch oven melt margarine/butter. Stir in flour and salt. Heat to bubbling.
- 6Add milk and cook over med heat stirring occasionally to a full boil.
- 7Boil 1 min and turn heat to low and add shrimp and lemon juice, then fettuccine mixture.
- 8Continue cooking on low until all ingredients are heated through (about 3-4 min).
- 9Stir 1/2 Parmesan cheese into dish and other 1/2 sprinkle over top.
- 10Serve immediately with a robust glass of wine.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Shrimp and Vegetables With Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.8
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 197.7 mg
- Sodium 1559.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 28.5 g