Recipe by Normaone
This is a really good, low fat, all purpose sauce that is perfect over veggies like broccoli or cauliflower, over cooked chicken breasts or fish, or tossed in some pasta.
Top Review by earthchic42
this recipe was amazing! im 15 and needed a simple sauce to put over pasta with chicken and this was perfect! so simple and soo good. and also a very good and healthyish alternative to alfredo! will definitely be using this very often. thanks!
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 cups low-fat milk (1%)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium, heavy saucepan, whisk flour to remove any lumps.
- Gradually add 1 cup milk, whisking until smooth.
- Add remaining milk and the nutmeg.
- Whisk over medium heat until thickened and comes to a boil, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan and butter.
- Season to taste.