Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this recipe years ago in a magazine and we never parted! The great flavor of this rice dish works best when served with a simple fish or chicken dish. Please use fresh Parmesan cheese.
- 600 ml water
- 340.19 g long grain rice, washed and drained
- 4.92 ml salt
- 170.09 g grated parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 28.34 g butter
- Bring the water to the boil, then stir in the rice and the salt and boil for two minutes.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed, turn off the heat and let the rice stand for a few minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the cheese, rind and lemon juice, mix.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan; add the rice and then the egg mixture, mixing it very thoroughly.
- Cook on a gentle heat whilst stirring until the cheese melts.
- Turn into a dish and serve right away, do not let it stand around.
Very tasty rice dish, the Parmesan is a whole lot of Parmesan and I was a little concerned the rice would end up 'gluggy' but it worked fine and tasted great. The lemon flavour through the rice is perfect.
Wonderful lemon flavour! I used brown basmati rice and did not add the salt as I thought there was enough in the Parmesan cheese. I used shredded Parmesan. Just made half a recipe for the two of us and we enjoyed every mouthful. It had a wonderful rissoto rice consistancy and went very well with our baked halibut. Thanks for posting Annelies, I will be making this one again!!
This is a quick and tasty side. I did use 1 cup of grated cheese equaling 4 ounces. Lots of lemon flavor. I found this to be almost like a risotto creamy and fresh Oh and comforting. I did skip the salt. Thanks.