Found this recipe years ago in a magazine and we never parted! The great flavor of this rice dish works best when served with a simple fish or chicken dish. Please use fresh Parmesan cheese.
- Bring the water to the boil, then stir in the rice and the salt and boil for two minutes.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed, turn off the heat and let the rice stand for a few minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the cheese, rind and lemon juice, mix.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan; add the rice and then the egg mixture, mixing it very thoroughly.
- Cook on a gentle heat whilst stirring until the cheese melts.
- Turn into a dish and serve right away, do not let it stand around.