Recipe by Pets'R'us
Found this recipe years ago in a magazine and we never parted! The great flavor of this rice dish works best when served with a simple fish or chicken dish. Please use fresh Parmesan cheese.
Top Review by Evie*
Very tasty rice dish, the Parmesan is a whole lot of Parmesan and I was a little concerned the rice would end up 'gluggy' but it worked fine and tasted great. The lemon flavour through the rice is perfect.
- 600 ml water
- 12 ounces long grain rice, washed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ounce butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water to the boil, then stir in the rice and the salt and boil for two minutes.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed, turn off the heat and let the rice stand for a few minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the cheese, rind and lemon juice, mix.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan; add the rice and then the egg mixture, mixing it very thoroughly.
- Cook on a gentle heat whilst stirring until the cheese melts.
- Turn into a dish and serve right away, do not let it stand around.