Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cod fillets are one of our favorites; covered with Panko crumbs and baked gives them a crunch topping and tender, flaky fish inside. I serve this with the julienned carrots and also with spinach I've lightly sauteed in a little bit of olive oil over medium-low heat and cooked for about 2 minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless cod fish fillets (4)
- 1⁄3 cup Japanese-style bread crumbs (Panko)
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 lb fresh carrot, julienned
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- mixed fresh salad greens, if desired (As noted above, I use spinach)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel the carrots and julienne enough to make 3 cups; cover and set aside.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Rinse and pat dry fish and place on baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- In small bowl stir together Panko crumbs and cheese; sprinkle and lightly press onto fish. Bake, uncovered, 4-6 minutes for each 1/2-inch thickness of fish, until crumbs are golden and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring 1/2 cup water to boiling; add carrots. Reduce heat and cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 2 minutes more. Add butter and ginger; toss. Serve fish and carrots with greens.
So simple and delicious!! I did add garlic to the fish, and parsley to the panko and cheese. So easy that I am sure this will become one of the regulars in our dinner menu. Thanks for sharing!!
This was okay but I think it may have been better is the fish had more of a kick to it -- maybe add some garlic or other spice. Thanks for sharing!
Simple and delicious:) I did add some chopped garlic as well.