Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is quick and easy and a nice change from the everyday same-old same-old.
- 1 lb chicken, cut up into bite-size pieces (frozen boneless tenderloins work great)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided (or any vegetable oil)
- 1 1⁄2 medium yellow onions, chopped into large chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- Sprinkle 1 T. paprika over cut-up raw chicken pieces.
- In large skillet, heat 2 T. oil over medium to medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and stir-fry about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, cook noodles according to package directions.
- Add remaining oil and onion to skillet and stir-fry until lightly brown.
- Return chicken to skillet and add water, remaining paprika, bouillon and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Add sour cream into skillet. Stir and simmer just until mixture is heated through. Serve over cooked noodles.
Excellent! We will be making this over and over again!
Made this for last Sunday's dinner and it was a hit. I used boneless chicken breast that I cut up into chunks, and dumpling egg noodles. I'll definitely be making this again. Very easy and tasty. Thanks.