My Private Note
Angel C ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg yolks until light and frothy, then spoon in the beaten egg white.
- 2Continue beating until mixture is spongy in texture, then pour into muffin tins that have been buttered.
- 3Set tins in a bain-marie (about one inch of hot water in a shallow pan; I use my stove's roasting pan) and bake in 350° F oven about 15-20 minutes.
- 4Dissolve sugar in water and bring to a boil, add vanilla extract.
- 5Remove papos de anjo from tins, make 3, 4 holes in each one with a toothpick and drop into boiling syrup.
- 6Remove from heat, let cool and place in a pyrex.
- 7Refrigerate until next day, so papos will soak in the syrup overnight.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Papos de Anjo (Angel's Chins)
Serving Size: 1 (1049 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.1
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 5.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 1.0 g