Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Beat egg yolks until light and frothy, then spoon in the beaten egg white.
- Continue beating until mixture is spongy in texture, then pour into muffin tins that have been buttered.
- Set tins in a bain-marie (about one inch of hot water in a shallow pan; I use my stove's roasting pan) and bake in 350° F oven about 15-20 minutes.
- Dissolve sugar in water and bring to a boil, add vanilla extract.
- Remove papos de anjo from tins, make 3, 4 holes in each one with a toothpick and drop into boiling syrup.
- Remove from heat, let cool and place in a pyrex.
- Refrigerate until next day, so papos will soak in the syrup overnight.
Just make sure when you put it in the "Bain St. Marie" you don't get any water in the tins!