Recipe by Sharon123
A sweet and savory rice dish from Barbados in the Caribbean islands! This is really quick using cooked rice and canned black beans. From Island Flave.
- 1 medium papaya, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups brown rice, cooked
- hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet heat oil over medium heat, add the onion, red, and green peppers.
- Add remaining ingredients except beans and rice. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans, stir and cook about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice. Pass the hot sauce.