Spicy Black Bean Rice
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This spicy dish is sure to warm you up and fill you up!
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups long grain and wild rice blend, cooked
- 1 cup canned tomato, diced
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 large cooking onion, diced
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 medium red pepper, diced
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 3 medium canned chipotle peppers, whole
- In a large skillet or wok, combine 1 tbsp olive oil, rice and canned, diced tomatoes, canned black beans, hot sauce, chili poweder, cumin, cayenne, bay, and chili pepper flakes, on medium heat. Allow to simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
- In a separate skillet or wok, combine 1 tbsp olive oil and onion over medium-high heat.
- When onion has become somewhat translucent, add green and red pepper, jalapeno pepper and garlic.
- Add chipotle peppers and the skillet of vegetables to rice mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- This recipe tastes great the second day; not for the faint of stomach.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION