Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is a variation of my Catfish Ala Janice.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (used to coat skillet)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup tasso (sliced and cut into 1/4-inch cubes)
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (unseasoned)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley (dried or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup onion (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno pepper (minced)
- 2 ancho chilies
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from can of Ancho Peppers)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray roasting pan with non-stick spray.
- Coat medium to large skillet with olive oil. Heat skillet on medium.
- Coat chicken with Bread crumbs on both sides. Place two (2) coated chicken breasts into heated skillet. Brown chicken breasts on both sides.
- Repeat for remaining chicken breasts.
- Place chicken breasts in roasting pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- While baking chicken breasts prepare Tasso sauce.
- Soak 2 bouillon cubes in boiling water.
- Saute onions, garlic, peppers, and Adobo sauce in olive oil until tender.
- Add Tasso to skillet and brown for 3-5 minutes.
- Add water (with dissolved bouillon cubes) to skillet.
- Add seasonings, TBS of used bread crumbs, and in whipping cream, stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Simmer sauce for 5-7 minutes on low heat (stirring occasionally).
- Remove chicken breasts from oven and pour sauce over chicken.
- Replace chicken into oven and cook for additional 20 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking prepare rice per instructions for cooking.
- Serve chicken on bed of rice with minute amount of sauce on chicken.