Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lighter version of fried fish because its baked. The panko gives a light crust, but it still gets nice and crispy. Serve this with potato wedges that you lightly spray with olive oil, season and bake and you have a healthier, no fried version of fish and chips. Try this with the best, easiest tartar sauce ever Tartar Sauce That Makes You Scream... Oh Yes!!
- Heat over to 450 degrees.
- Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Beat egg and egg white into bowl.
- Place panko in bowl with seasonings.
- Dip fish into egg, then into panko, pressing panko into fish.
- Place fish on cookie sheet, after all fish is coated, spray fish with cooking spray.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until coating is nicely browned and fish flakes easily.
I baked my fish filets on a rack and it came out nice and crispy on BOTH sides. I did add an extra five minutes to bake time also. Great, easy, healthy... can't ask for more!
I am rating this recipe 5 for the ease of use and versatility. Certainly you can add other herbs and spices to jazz up. I used cod and this recipe worked perfectly. I did have to add additional minutes (5 more min) to the baking time because my fish were pale looking. Thanks icancook66 for posting this recipe!
This is a nice easy recipe with great results. The spices didn't overwhelm the flavor of the fish and the panko coating was a nice crispy contrast to the texture of the cod. Thanks.